View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204Jordan View Post
Thanks for all the info, folks. I have a buddy who's pretty knowledgable when it comes to RVs (having been a Sales Mgr. at an RV dealership himself years back.) When he refers to a Springdale as a good "entry level" unit, my feet turn cold at hearing that term. We want this 5th (and to a newbie like myself it's very nice looking and in great shape for 10 years old) to last us a long time, as it will be pretty well stationary for the season. I just don't need unpleasant surprises down the road. So you're just saying "Relax!"?
Don't let the term "entry level" scare you. All that means is the coach is built with "less technology", "less fancy equipment" and usually "the old way"... In the case of Springdale, it means a wooden frame, .020 aluminum walls, thin cushions and small bathrooms.... Those things aren't a reason to skip the brand.... In my opinion (as a recent Springdale owner) the coach is well built, fit our needs at the time, was reliable and a great investment. We kept it for 4 years and sold it for $1000 less than we paid for it. When you consider taxes at 6% and the other "buy in" charges, that means we sold it for more than the purchase price.... I think the current Springdale models are 'missing the boat" in a few areas. The current management has resorted to putting fancy stereos, big LED TV's, porcelain toilets, etc. Now, there is nothing wrong with those type of upgrades, but they put the price of a "entry level" Springdale almost the same as a "mid level" Passport or Sprinter. I suppose what I'm saying is that some "entry level" trailers aren't really as cheap as you'd think.... Shop wisely and make sure your investment is sound.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote