Thread: Camera woes
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

If you read through this forum about various "issues" with new trailers you will find that if it's not fixed right away by your dealer you enter what I call "the dance" between you, the dealer and Keystone. The dealer is probably the most important component followed by yourself. Keystone will generally (in my experience - and I've had a lot) step up if the situation, as presented to them by the dealer, appears to be an obvious defect.

I've dealt with Keystone directly and through the dealer. I will say without a doubt that the dialogue between the service manager at my dealership and Keystone is far more productive than my dissertations to them.

Make sure you are working through the management level at your dealership. Review EXACTLY what they are sending to Keystone to get your issue resolved. I've had the experience that when dealing with a service advisor, the issue was not explained anything like it was supposed to be and Keystone denied the repairs. After escalating it within the dealership and Keystone, and the facts correctly explained, the repairs were made.

If the camera doesn't work, and has never worked, that falls on the dealership to me. You should have covered that in the PDI but it was apparently missed. The dealership should have caught it but it was apparently missed there as well. Get in the middle of the dealership and demand it be fixed - let them work it out with Keystone.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote