View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
ebomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The two "old reliable, been around forever" awning companies are Dometic and Carefree of Colorado. There is a "new-comer" to the awning market, Lippert's Solara. Dometic (in the past) seems to be the awning of choice for most expensive/luxury trailers/fifth wheels and Carefree (in the past) seems to be the choice for slide cover awnings.

That said, Solara is somewhat less expensive, offers many of the same features and may work well for you.

Your Fuzion may have come with a power awning or with a manual awning. If power, possibly the wiring is still in the wall with the switch on the control panel?

As for length, usually manufacturers install the largest (longest) awning practical for the trailer model. If one was removed, there should be holes or evidence of holes in the FILON siding on the trailer. That would mark the location of the underlying support structures that would be necessary to install a new awning. Think through any modifications to be sure you don't wind up with blocked windows, blocked doors or problems with not finding support for the installation hardware. Be sure to consider operation of those items with the awning both in the open and in the closed positions.
I do see the old holes but I would like to extend it past the rear door, the track is already mounted to lock the awning in place, but it’s almost 24’ long vs the old 19’ one that was there. It looks like it was a manual awning before but I would like to go to a power awning , I didn’t know if they make a dual motor for such a long awning.
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote