Thread: New to Keystone
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
CampDestinations.com

Hi lab530, I thought I had posted a reply on Sunday but it looks like I either didn't submit it or something else went wrong. Hope this one makes it :-)

Our TV is a 2002 Chev. Suburban LT - 5.3L V8. I think your F150 has a little more tow capacity, which will be fine if you pack light.

We did our first trip in our 3220BH this past weekend. We towed about 260 total miles, with at least 220 of those being flat-land. It towed fine at 55mph. On the Maryland Western shore, where it starts to get a bit hilly, the truck struggled until more gas pedal got the RPMs to about 4500. Then it did fine, but the high rev of the engine isn't a pleasant way to travel.

If you are planning to tow in the mountains, it might be tough. We're planning an upgrade of our TV to something with a diesel.

(Moderators Note: You did submit this post and nothing went wrong. It was moved to the Towing and Tow Vehicle section to reflect the theme of your post which now seems to be "towing" rather than welcoming this new member - which you have already done.)