View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #15
LV_Tom

I traded my factory Trailer King "Tow Master" China Bombs out with "D" rated Carlisle tires and got good use out of them, with the exception of a Blow Out on one. I then traded up to "E" rated. Two years ago I had one of the Carlisle's tread separate and a bulge start on another. Going to Discount Tire I told them to put some Carlisle's back on the trailer. The dealer said that they have been having problems on the Carlisle's as of late and suggested the GY Endurance (not the Marathon's). I've had them on for 15,000 miles now and they are performing well. Some of the benefits of the GY Endurance are they are made in the US, They have a stiffer side wall and they have an 87 MPH speed rating. Now, I pull my trailer at 65 MPH, but what the higher speed rating gives is better durability in the heat of the summer. Where I live the tires are HOT before you even get on the road. While I'm on my soapbox, let me caution you all about chasing tires based on price. Until you've had a blow out that tore up your entire mid section of the trailer taking the kitchen with it, then you'll be glad to buy the best tires, not just the cheapest tires. It hasn't happened to me but a friend of mine lost use of his 5th wheel 3 summers ago due to the damage of a tire blowout.

2011 27RLSWE Cougar
2017 F250 6.2L Gas, 3.73 Gears
LV_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote