Thread: Converter
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 06:25 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgregor View Post
Currently have solar panels connected to batteries to charge them. Would like to install inverter so I can plug in my shoreline to run outlets in camper. I do not have any “outside” electric besides my generator. It is a 30 amp system.
If you install an inverter there isn't any need to plug the shore power into it. Since you have a 30A trailer its a little less complicated, Your going to run the shore power to the inverter and the inverter to the breaker panel. That way if you do plug into a generator it will have "pass through" for the 110 stuff. If your inverter is also a convertor Then you will also charge the batteries when plugged into the gen.

This is all predicated on purchase of an inverter/charger. I have installed numerous systems. How many watts is your solar?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote