View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #82
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Finchville View Post
Tire rating, tire age and comfort level generally dictate speed. Take tire rating from tire and go to etrailer.com. I try and stay under 60 mph even though my tires are rated for a higher speed. The few minutes you loose driving faster may save you time and money.
Keeping trailers covered from the sun and elements will reduce dry rot and cracking. I know few people who actually replace tires every 5 or fewer years as recommended.

Also RVIA Safety Training course I went to told us travel trailers/ Fifth Wheels etc. should follow posted limits for trucks. Generally a slower speed. That being said they also called a number of states that indicated it was not enforced at weigh stations, etc. and some places were annoyed when units came through weigh stations or field people did not know what is required or what to enforce.

Unless you are getting paid to transport rvs as a commercial hauler you DO NOT pull into any weigh stations unless it's directed that ALL vehicles must. If you're pulling your rv for your personal use then don't pull into them. We've been coast to coast border to border & have never pulled into a weigh station in any state & never stopped by law enforcement because we didn't.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote