View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Not "every location" in a 360 degree area from a broadcast tower will receive the signal. As an example, in Marquette Tourist Park Campground, there is a power plant that is powered by coal. The chimney (30' in diameter and 100' tall) for that power plant sits directly in line between the broadcast tower and the back row of campsites. TV reception is great in every campsite except the back row.

So, I'd suggest that before you go ripping things out and do extensive troubleshooting, tow the trailer a couple miles from the current location and see if you get TV reception there.

You might have a problem with a faulty component or a bad crimp on a connector, then you may have nothing wrong "electronically" but just be in a bad reception area.
Good advice from John. The digital over the air signal is a UHF signal that's strictly line of sight. Buildings, trees, etc. can block that signal. The typical web sites for aiming antenna's assume an unobstructed site line and some elevation of the antenna. Setting next to a house with the antenna much lower than the house will hinder the results. Relating to my own situation I have a television in my garage with connections for both cable and over the air antenna. When the camper is in the driveway I can connect it to that OVA connection and the number of available channels nearly triples. Let us know what you find out on your next trip.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote