View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 03:26 AM   #4
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BLD- View Post
... As I get closer to VA, might try crossing to Richmond and then pick up I95 south rather than going to I26. Any thoughts on this?
One year we visited friends on the Cape and in Hampton on the way home; this meant we traveled I-95. Somewhere south of Richmond (and I don't recall exactly where now, perhaps I-85) we cut back over to the western route - we were tired of the abysmal traffic on I-95. This was in the days before cellular traffic (and we weren't pulling the trailer); things may have been better on I-95 further south of Richmond but we had our fill and opted to go inland.

We recently came back from ME the prior route described and didn't have any difficulties with construction, in fact, we hardly remember anything going on. PA is usually the worst, but we breezed through there. We did pick up family southeast of Charlotte during rush hour, so we took some back roads to avoid going through the city and meandered over to I-95 further north of where we usually connect. Fortunately no traffic issues.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote