View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 05:02 AM   #3
Bugsmema

Thanks LCC! We did get our Sprinter! After driving to Michigan to pick it up, we noticed 2- things that wasn’t put on the trailer that was in the deal. A porcelain toilet, as the one in it was plastic, and a second A/C. After a few rounds with salesman, he had them installed. That was extra day to wait, and another motel. I had printed out the PDI and took with me. We told the guy who did the walk through with us I had that and was ready to go. Well, he hadn’t do a walk through like that and certainly didn’t have that amount of time. After a quick look around, I noticed a few things that didn’t work. Left refrigerator you couldn’t open the door. His diagnosis was, the catch was keeping it from opening and he could file catch down a bit, but it would loosen up over time. I didn’t want him to start filing on it so said we would get it fixed in Oregon. After the rest of inspection, we took off. By then the slides were in, and she was ready to roll. Got 400 miles from Mi and we stopped for night. Pushed button on slide that has table and chairs on it. Nothing! Tried three more times, nothing. Took it into Toledo the next morning. They diagnosed the problem as the slide frame was bent and wouldn’t open. It would take 3 weeks to get it ok’d from Keystone for warranty. So we decided to just finish our trip, take it in for repairs once we got home. Now it’s about 6 weeks later, got ok from keystone to get it repaired. Oh, framed not bent, the switch for that slide was put in backwards at plant, which after a few times of running it blew out the mother board. So parts ordered, take it back in and that will get fixed. The refrigerator, has to be pulled out and moved a bit. Was installed to close to other one so handle isn’t working correctly. They were able to loosen it a bit so it’s useable, but hard, that will be fixed at same time. Other than those major things, we are loving this trailer! Your right about the outside storage. Hubby wasn’t thrilled about that, but we think we will take TV and frig out from outside entertainment cent and put shelves and box in there. We probably wouldn’t use that center as it is. Oh, one thing I would love to know. What’s under the island besides the stove pipes, etc? Looks like lot of empty space and a cabinet for pots and pans would fit in there nicely, but can’t find any info on that! What do you think? Whew, sorry, little long winded here this morning. Thanks for your reply and continued good luck with the new Sprinter!! Love it!!
Bugsmema is offline   Reply With Quote