Thread: Weight insight
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #33
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
I was going to just post the part necessary, BUT this is where the weight police start going overboard as much as the those that say a 3/4 ton can tow 16,000#!

Well the 338DB, only has a payload of 1,700#, so getting to 4,000# will be a little hard.
What is scary, is the 338DB at 37' only has a payload of 1,700#! That and it has a W/D prep!

I for one would love to see the OP's numbers before and after, might be interesting.
GM's have light trucks, so his payload might have some room.

To the morons that passed you, would it matter if they had a one ton DRW, likely would have been all over the road.

Your last statement is what we all really need to know, loaded weights.
I figured you would pop in

You, nor I, have any idea how Keystone specs the trailer, but it is spec'd. And the numbers are there whether you agree or not....it is irrelevant.

With a 2390 dry pin weight, washer/dryer up front and the pass through.....do we think the trailer won't hit 3000 lbs.? If you read my post I said 3000? 4000? Food for thought.

I am not the weight police. I am actually trying to inject common sense to those that refuse to believe in established norms/laws/real life.

A poster said this truck, GMC Sierra 3/4 ton Duramax has a payload of 3358lbs. That link needs to be posted. If that is correct, and I've never seen anything like it, I need to switch horses and go to GM (I won't).

Now, for the weight slip.............
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote