View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
isosceles

Seal tightness

I believe a lot of the issue has to do with the gasket around the door. It is very hard to close the door (which is good as it makes a nice seal, and keeps out fumes whilst the ATVs are in there).

I am betting that with the door pushing that hard on the latch, any movement causes the latch to back out slightly, and the pressure keeps it in place. Eventually the door will pop open ones the latch creeps out enough.

From the looks of my door, I would need two of the gate clasps to keep it closed, as I am sure it would open in the above listed manner if there was just one the the bottom.

INFACT, I just thought of a solution / something to try......... if it is indeed the latch creep opening the door, and not extreme flex of the trailer. Replacing the standard latch with an actual dead bolt that cannot creep out would do the trick. Normal door latches can move in/out all the time, whereas a dead bolt is locked solid.

We never close that door while camping anyway, and it would be very easy to try. I will try it out and post my findings.

CheerS!
isosceles is offline   Reply With Quote