View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
In my opinion its either neglect or lack of training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
We have camped with several breeds of dogs over the years. It just takes an investment in some time. We would leave the campsite, park at the office and walk back to the camper. Set quietly and listen for 15 -020 min. If everything was good slow extend away time. We also turn on ac unit or fan and radio to mask noise and provide rawhide chew bones. Before we were certain we would give neighbors our cell number and ask them to call if they started barking. Also would tape a note to front of unit with same info. No one wants to hear a barking dog on their camping trip. It's not rocket science, just common sense.
Edit, after looking at those pics closer the interior panels look like they have blood on them. That owner needs to put their dog in a kennel or with a dog sitter when they travel for the safety of the dog and the camper.
I hate to try to armchair quarterback on a deal like this but I have to agree with Flybouy. From everything I can see in the pictures it is a case of neglect and/or training. If these pics were in the immediate aftermath (and they appear they were), the lack of water or food could be a good indicator of what is going on but the lack of specifics on the situation make it hard to make that assessment.

I'm also of the opinion that if your dog is not trained to "chill" while you are gone and barks or becomes destructive it should be placed in a kennel. When we are on the road and make lengthy stays we many times book a week in some other area to go see the sites. We always take puppy to a kennel (after doing research and making a preliminary visit with puppy to make sure she likes it) and let her stay. It is a break for her that she seems to enjoy and frees us up to stay where we want.

In this pictured situation I feel sorry for the dog and the owners; for the dog because it was put in that position and felt it had to do what it did (apparently painfully as it does look like there may be blood on that door) and for the owner for the damage because he/she did not take the time to train the dog or take care of it properly.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote