View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #11
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Genny View Post
Washington State comes in at #7 with just over 31% of its roads in poor condition. As someone who lives in Spokane, that's not surprising. Our roads are terrible here in Eastern Washington. During the winter they actually had to lower the speed limit to 60 mph on a good size section of I-90 near Sprague because the freeway was so bad. Our country has ignored the transportation infrastructure for too long and now we are paying the price.
When I lived and worked in Washington it always amazed me that I90 was like 5+ lanes wide on the West side of Snoqualmie Pass, then dropped down to 2 lanes at the summit, and was very bumpy. I do remember a project in the late 90's to get rid of the bumps.
I also remember driving back from Spokane on I90 about Ritzville, driving in the left lane as there was no one else in sight, and the right lane was very bumpy and rough. I passes two SP cars under an overpass doing 70 in a 65 zone and having one pull me over, the reason not speed, continued driving in the Left (AKA Passing) lane. I got off with a warning.
In Washington I believe it is what side of the state you live on!
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote