View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcaruthers68 View Post
A learning experience? He’s 1... he doesn’t have the reflects like a older child or even an adult. just so I understand you correctly... my 1 yr staggers around And happens to cross over 1 of the 4 vents in the trailer.. steps on it and it startled him and he falls on top of it... now I don’t know about you but if I step on something hot or even cold without warning I instinctive react to hop, quickly move, or even lift one foot to address the sensation.. a 1 yr old can not do these things... he doesn’t even have the speed, strength, or coordination to quickly move from it. Oh a windy day is the trailer rocks while he stands he falls... so my son receives a potiently disasterous burn as a learning experience for being a toddler.. .. I guess next time I give him a bath when he slips in the tub while splashing the water, I should let just let him panic face down in the water as a learning experience!!
mom and dad are trying to take care of the vent situation, HENCE the post on this forum seeking answers and help!

I'm sorry if you took offense. I wasn't advocating you let your child roast on a heater vent to teach him. I simply noted that he will learn they get hot and avoid them....and he will learn, that's what we do as humans. With mom and dad's help/guidance children learn quicker - and "no" is a good word for a child to learn. In the meantime I would suggest you buy the infrared temp gun and check the temps for yourself. Very cheap and useful for many other things.

I think you'll find that you are needlessly worried about a "disastrous" burn. If you believe there is a burn issue due to the temp of the register being too hot you need to get it back to the dealer to have it repaired - that's not normal and could be dangerous in several ways. If you're uncomfortable letting your child learn to avoid the registers go buy replacements that don't get as warm as has been mentioned.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote