Thread: Alaska or Bust
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #30
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
And yet again a thread turns into a "You guys from the states and your guns". Please, this is not the place to point fingers across the border either from the states or from Canada. So, a bit of self restraint in personal opinions can go a long LONG way toward not making relations on the forum difficult.
I'm not pointing fingers John nor did I. I just don't understand the love for guns and the need to pack one when coming to Canada. Anyone can simply do a search and understand what our rules are without the " guns and Canada " issues being brought up at every given moment. If people don't like the fact that we don't carry guns nor do we want them here then it's simple, stay at home! lol!
A long gun for protection is understandable when off grid for survival, I even own two of them which I take when I head up country. I've never used it in all of these years for protection. I'd rather take a pic of the wildlife than shoot it unless I'm hunting and I use every scrap of the carcass and it's pelt.
But the talk of handguns?? Let's at least agree that packing a handgun across the border is a little far fetched don't you think?