View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Pete and Jeanne

Exclamation Theft..

Thought I had the ultimate in security. Owned a Flagstaff HW27 PU. Kept a hitch lock (padlock) and tongue lock on it while parked under my carport (just fit). Mardi Gras day someone backed up into MY driveway, cut the padlock, jacked up and carted off my HWKS. If they want it..they'll take it. I live in a small subdiv. which up till now had very little in the way of theft. To this day I don't know how they got around the tongue lock..I THINK I put it back on last time out....I think.... I live outside of New Orleans but there's a lot of Mardi Gras spill over into the surronding areas. It's a known fact that people come to the area on Mardi Gras with empty U-Hauls and leave with full ones. Few people are home(parades and parties)..in fact only one neigh. saw "the guy"..started to wave till he saw it wasen't me...ya know "the guy" waved back...Thanks for letting me rant. What I started to say was take as many precautions as you can...and hope for the best..Travel Well P.S. DW and I now own a Bullet also...besides the tongue and padlock I now place an extended version of the "spread chocks". Don't remember the name of the darn things...they fold then expand to fit between the axles..I had to have one bar remade to extend to fit the spread axles..local maching shop and just a few bucks...but once in place you can place a long shank padlock on them also...........Pete
Pete and Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote