View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #50
wiredgeorge

I worked for the Fed mostly overseas for 27 years counting my time in a pickle suit. I retired at 48 due spending time in unfriendly places gave me more actual time towards retirement. Got a pension for life. Went to work in the civilian world and my last job after about 8 years was with IBM as an IT contractor in San Antonio. We lost the contract and all got canned (the contractors at least). I knew it was coming about a year and a half prior to the end so opened a vintage carburetor sales and rebuilding business to keep busy and make a few bucks. Still at it after 14 years and work most every day. My business keeps me real busy. I can't imagine what I would do if I didn't work; can only read the Bible, shoot and work on my clunky truck and RV and trike so much. I have never advertised but get all the business I can handle. I have hired helpers in the past but it is hardly worth the trouble so I plug along solo. My missus does all the brain work and books and such. One kiddo in San Antonio (she is a manager at a financial institution and the other two kiddos are married with hubbies and grandbabies up in rural MD and VA. Oldest grandbaby is on college. They are all real smart kids and sure they didn't get it from me. bwahahahaha
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote