View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #35
Kevin H

Collapsed duct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecurbdims View Post
Mcaruthers68,
I know it's been a couple of years but hopefully you have the issue fixed. I'm curious as to what was the cause and the solution??
I have older unit with same situation. Air at floor registers is at 165 degrees. Insanely hot enough to cook on. Everything internal was cleaned and it still ran hot. Was thinking that the furnace was simply burning too hot and possibly it could be adjusted.
I took register off and looked in duct with mirror and all was good. I ended up pulling the furnace totally out and discovered that they did not properly attach the discharge duct from under the furnace to the main trunk line duct. It is a much smaller duct which actually had bowed down and restricted the air flow. Not really thrilled about taking up floor or removing from below. I measured the discharge duct which was only about 2 inches tall. I took a can of tuna and made me a sandwich, I then cleaned and installed the can in the center of the duct with a small board to push it into place. It actually fit fairly snug and the round can did not seem to impede air flow and it help dramatically. I tried to take pictures at the time but did not come out so well. Any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Kevin H.
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote