View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 08:38 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Comparing "apples to oranges", how many have heard of (or know) someone who bought a 11 year old truck with a busted odometer (no way to tell how far it had travelled) and 3 months after purchase, had a problem with the transmission or engine? How many of them were able to get Ford or GM or Chrysler to "pony up for a new engine" for that truck? Same thing applies here, IMHO....

How to deal with it? First, discuss (civilly) with the dealership, then depending on the outcome of that discussion, either "put a new front cap on it" or "sell it and move on".... There's not much other choice. Keystone, no doubt, will completely deny any responsibility (and rightfully so with a second hand or third hand trailer) and the dealership may or may not accept partial responsibility, depending on their generosity (they likely have an "iron clad" 30 day window for problems). Anything they do is probably going to be a good will gesture, not a legal responsibility. If you bought an extended warranty, look carefully at it for exclusions or possible ways to get your trailer repaired through that policy.

As a comparison, my Cougar is 5 years old, I bought it new, I'm a 2 time Keystone purchaser with a fantastic relationship with my dealer and a personal friendship with a number of his employees. I would never "expect" Keystone to pony up for repairs to my trailer this far out from purchase. Sure, it would be nice, but it's extremely far fetched to expect it. Keystone "honored" their 1 year warranty, the appliance manufacturers "honored" their warranty. That is all expired, now I own it "completely".... Problems and all..... No longer is this a "Keystone responsibility".... Basically, it's similar to the 30 year old, living in Mom's basement.... There comes a time when you've got to be responsible for yourself.... With an 11 year old trailer with cosmetic issues.... I'd suspect that time has expired, and realistically, it expired before the purchase of an 11 year old, used RV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote