Thread: Slide jerking
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #38
Bingo 57

Baby Power / Slide Seals

Funny story on this topic, while cleaning my 5er today I decided to "lube" my slide seals. Mind you I was having no problems was just being proactive, and that's when my problems began..... I used the 3n1 RV Care Slide-Out silicone lube, thinking this was what it was for. To my amazement,,, this darn thing jerked, hoped, bounce, to the likes I've never seen!!! I just bout cr-p my pants!! I thought I was "helping" my unit what have I done. Now keep in mind this IS my 1st unit with a slide, and more than likely my retirement home. ( That's what I'm TOLD) Needless to say I was s--tin bricks. I knew it was something I had just done, so I checked & rechecked. All looked good, & slick. Or so I thought, the seal underneath the slide looked fine till I rolled it over, I found it to be sticky & sort-of guey. Knowing I didn't want to put anything on there that would attract dirt & grime I got on this forum, and lo and behold I'm not the 1st one with this issue. And the baby power worked like a champ, after 2 rub downs & 3 in-in-outs it's back to where it was before I my proactive treatment!
Bingo
Bingo 57 is offline   Reply With Quote