View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Hey, go with what you think I guess. For me, I would tow a tiny teardrop RV with the Frontier using a wdh....maybe - nothing else. They are "little" trucks. I had, and drove, a Tacoma for quite some time; not towing (I wouldn't). The Japanese, literally, have no concept, yet, of towing or what it takes to make a good tow vehicle IMO. They are trying to learn, and improving yearly, but in my estimation are about 10 years out to get where the big 3 are.

If I read your post right, Nissan says you need a Class IV for anything over 5k - plus a wdh, but it doesn't say not to use them under 5k lbs. Does your Frontier have a Class IV? I guess we could also surmise that the load you put in the trailer would bring it to 4k? Tongue weight at 500+? What is the payload of your truck, gvw, gawr? Those kinds of numbers are FAR more important than max tow numbers.

Not trying to argue, criticize or anything else. It just appears to me that you might be missing some of the facts as they relate to towing - I don't know and won't harp on it any longer. Just pay attention to what you're doing and the weights.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote