View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

If your truck/trailer combo can't be set so you don't sag appreciably it can be either a maladjusted WDH or weak springs due to overload. Air bags can compensate (maybe) for the latter but won't fix the overload situation.

With your Tacoma (27X hp/26xft.lb. torque?? [memory]) when pulling 4400 lbs. you most certainly know that it is back there. I have a 4runner with about the same engine specs and I don't want anything behind it more than a 10' utility trailer with some "stuff" on it; I wouldn't dream of towing a 4400 lb. trailer behind it. Not putting your rig down, just trying to put a little reality into the equation. And, if you are pulling 4400 lbs. up any kind of grade that V6 will think it's going to explode - got one, had 2 others and bought one for my dad. Again, just trying to keep things realistic.

I would say to check your weights. Look at the driver door and see what the weight placards say; what IS your payload (won't be a lot), gawr, gvw etc. It would be helpful it you gave the exact model/specs on your truck (2wd/4wd/CC etc.) - we can help with numbers if needed possibly. They would be generic but would shed a little more light.

I'm wondering what kind of "good ride" you are looking for in a Tacoma? All I've ever been in rode as rough as my HD...and a lot more "squirrely". Air bags might fix the exhibited problem(s) but I doubt they will fix the "root issue".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote