View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
hankaye

sdayman, Howdy;

I'll answer your questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdayman View Post
Waaaiiiittt…are you saying that you have a regulator feeding another regulator? Why?
Yes, The Factory designed the system with a 30psi regulator on the driver's side. It in turn
is connected to the black pipe then another hose, then into the 2 stag Auto change regulator.

Shouldn’t a tank be pigtailed straight to the switching regulator?
Only if it was set up like a TT. Or designed that way with both tanks next to each other
in one compartment.

I’d think that if you’re feeding a regulated tank to the auto-switching regulator that the auto-switch would think that the regulated tank is (near) empty and switch over to the other side.

And I don’t know how your system would react if you had two regulators in series. If it’s anything like plugging a regulated Weber Baby-Q into the regulated quick-connect, it’d be pretty pathetic.
It's NOT the same. Quite a different critter altogether.
Thanks for your intrest in my problem. I hope that I didn't come across as condensending. Not my intent.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote