View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 05:45 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltime5 View Post
Gotcha, thank you. So on nights that are predicted to be 32 or below, run the furnace, and electric space heaters every other night. (I have two small propane tanks and will always default to electric when I can).

I own and will be bringing a heated external fresh water hose so that's not an issue.
I don't worry about literal 32 degree weather generally because things won't just freeze rock solid. Traveling at speed might exacerbate that a bit but not much in my experience. Take as southerly a route as you can that still makes sense. Mid November should not be an issue the further S and W you get. There is always the occasional cold storm but usually you can dodge them. Pull the weather predictions for the various areas you will be traveling through and plan accordingly. They always vary from day to day but it usually will give you the general idea of strong storms that will happen.

DON'T tow on snow and/or ice covered roads IMO. I used to because work required it - it's not fun and it's dangerous. I was 35 years younger then and wasn't as phobic about "bad stuff" happening.

If you have small propane tanks that is a potential problem to me. You can use the small electric heaters, but, if you have a heated underbelly you need to run the furnace. Plus, if you do stay somewhere that has questionable power during winter you could lose AC power for a few days. I'm not familiar with Pine but I've been in Payson and Pinetop and I would worry about utilities if you are going to spend the winter.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote