View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #44
jack65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
My 6.4 has MDS. I can always feel/hear it when it kicks in. It is VERY annoying and I see no discernable difference in mpg because I have it. When it kicks in I hit the throttle to make it go away but it comes right back on. On other hand, the manufacturers may have some sort of procedure they use to enable the MDS to raise their EPA ratings for the feds. I have found no way to disable it and when I asked the service dept. about it they said there was no way as well. There may be one but they wouldn't do it if there were; I would think there would be some way in the ECU but...…..
I did a couple hours of online search at 2am in the morning and came up with this.... I know the first one works for sure.

1. Manually shift. Works for sure.

2. Tow/Haul is suppose to do it too, but not confirmed. Tow/Haul prevents eco mode, as does manually shifting they say.

3. 8-Speed - Downshift once and then upshift to 8th gear. It will still shift automatically with MDS disabled. Set it in 8th gear before you leave your driveway or the parking lot.

4. Put it in drive, then press the "gear -" button on the steering wheel. If you haven't started driving, the number 1 should come up on the dash. Then press "gear +" button until the 1 goes to an 8 on the dash (assuming you have the 8 speed, go to 6 of you have the 6 speed obviously), then drive. It will not go into Eco mode.

5. (from Ram forum) This is direct from the chat with the Ram Hemi Engineers. To disable the MDS, put your shifter from D to 5 (as displayed on the EVIC or cluster). With the console shifter, this is just one hit to the left. With the column shifter you need to push the +- button - one time. Your trans will still shift up and down automatically through all the gears. Tow/haul button is not the correct method.

If you do the above a few times before leaving your driveway or where ever your parted it, it will become a habit and not so much a hassle. I'm gonna do it.

I'm gonna make a separate thread on this.
K&N 71-1561 Air Intake w/FlowMaster Exhaust system.
jack65 is offline   Reply With Quote