View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #37
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooodog View Post
I forgot to mention that I would be getting the booster. Has anyone purchased the newer (Rhino Booster) compared to the other one (TMB-100)?
My TireMinder Smart TPMS comes with the Rhino Booster as part of the package. It's my first ever TPMS system, so I can't tell you whether it works better than the other booster or not.......but it does work.

The Rhino Booster is suppose to be weatherproof and made to install in an "outside" location. I guess I'm a bit fanatical though and bought a waterproof (O ring sealed) plastic box large enough for the booster to fit in, and mounted it in the box, and the box on the trailer "A arm" part of the frame. I also purchased a waterproof switch and mounted it on the plastic box so that I could turn the Booster off when not in use. I made sure that I used a plastic box vs. a metal box to insure that there was no additional metal around the booster that could possibly interfere with the signal transmitter ability. Of course, that and the receiver that is placed inside of the tow vehicle is on my "Checklist" for hooking up and getting ready to tow.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote