View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 07:24 AM   #68
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
These "smart" phones today can keep track of you everywhere you go, why can't they tell when you're driving & disable the texting & only activate a hands free mode.
In most cases, they can be programmed by the manufacturer to limit features or functions based on whether the phone is moving or in one "stopped location". The rub comes from people not buying a phone that won't allow them to use it vs another brand of phone that does, so manufacturers tend to not want to limit their sales by limiting their features.....

Corporate greed??? In this situation, it's pretty clear that few of us want to limit "our capability" but we want "other drivers to pay attention".... No, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, just making a general observation that probably one of the main factors why phones work at high speed is because we "know" we're safe, but the other people on the road may not be, so many of us feel, I'll buy the full feature one, they need the limited feature one.... Manufacturers sell to "us" they don't typically sell to "them"....

I don't imagine phone manufacturers in a competitive environment with other service providers will reduce their features and lose customers, so unless "ALL" phone companies and phone manufacturers limit their features (government mandate/change in the law ???) it's not going to happen.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS