View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 04:12 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

I understand the sentiment, but I agree with Jim.

I'm afraid the only memorable experience your teens will have are the "endless hours" of towing a trailer. The places you want to visit are exquisite and need LOTS of time to do justice; for the site and for the kids. I would hate for you to go to the effort and it all just turn into crap......I've had a couple of those "once in a lifetime" trips do just that.

If there is any way to stretch the time past 14 days, you need to do that. I took my family on a "once in a lifetime" vacation in 84. Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and a couple of other places I don't recall. Had 14 days and I was heading out from NM and not pulling a trailer. What do the kids (now 50 and 45) remember?......lots of driving. We tried to cram so much into so little time that most of the fun stuff (grizzly destroying a campsite next to us at Jenny Lake in the Grand Tetons) they have forgotten. Take the time; find the right places and let them enjoy where they're at. Wonderful, lifetime memories can be made in many places.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote