Thread: RV Theft
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishsizzle View Post
I’ll expand to theft “around” my RV.

Long story short, if they want it, and you make it easy enough, they will find a way and get it.
I don't think I'd leave "my stuff" unattended, outside my rig for several days while the trailer is not occupied. That's stretching the envelope far too long. In an "ideal world" it would work, but we live in a "not so ideal" reality. I'd suggest that leaving a generator "cabled or chained" in plain sight for a week at a time is very much the same as using a 3' "flasher" in front of the lures while trolling for salmon... That generator is like a "flashing beacon" screaming "TAKE ME" !!!

I'd suggest, at a minimum, taking everything that's out side and putting it inside or taking it with you when you leave for the week. I live in a rural area where everyone who lives around here is "honest" and we have few "outsiders" drive down our road, but even with that "assurance", I would never leave my lawn mower in the front yard or leave my ATV (with or without keys) parked in the driveway and head "downstate for the week".....

I'd urge you to remove the temptation of all that "flashing stuff" at your campsite, and don't expect a USA made chain to be "cut proof"... They'll cut the plastic carrying handle on the generator and take it anyway. It'll still be worth enough for a "fix or two".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote