View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #2
Ken / Claudia

So questions that need a answer. Are you moving it? If so make sure you have a vehicle that is up to the job. There are guys that will move it so you do not need to buy a BIG truck.
With a truck in mind, they all print what the truck can pull, few say what it can carry. Those are 2 different things. That information is printed on a yellow sticker near the driver door from around 2005 models and newer. Each vehicle may have different numbers even in the same model and year.
When you look at a RV they print what the unit weights empty. When you move it they weigh a lot more. Use the Max loaded weight, GVWR as a guide to what it might really weigh.
Learn how even item is turned on/off in the RV by the dealer showing as they explain everything. Read the manuals and ask questions when stumped.
That is a start.
I had a 40ft park model on a beach lot and they are made differently then the normal RV. For a unit parked and moved once a year that may be a much better unit to live it. Look up Park models for the differences between the two.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote