View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
jonnyaiks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Since Texas allows up to 20% Bio-diesel, and hen's teeth are easier to find than straight #2 fuel... most stations are 5% to 10%...

With Cetane rate all over the board, I run it in every tank...

I could hear, see and feel the difference within the first tank.. Quieter, smoother and better mileage..
In my older car diesels I ran B80 and B100 all the time in summer. If it was good quality (not fly-by-night) it was actually very good for the older diesel engine, especially lubricity, but you lost cetane numbers - not alot but you would notice if you were a high mileage guy like I was. It cleaned the fuel system right up though. I always had to get braided steel fuel lines, but that's about it. I would run it every few tanks. I had also run straight canola oil a bit (only in summer) in my old 2003 VW tdi, and it ran fine, but it can do some nasty things to fuel filters over time if it isn't heated
so I didn't go full longhair hippy. My friends running used fryer oil were always replacing fuel system parts but they got free fuel.... Pyrrhic victory I think.
With the more modern fuel systems, I would have to think straight veggie oil is a recipe for disaster, like you might get laughed out of the repair garage.

Does the B20 create problems with the larger displacement diesels?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
jonnyaiks is offline   Reply With Quote