Thread: Rookie Move
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 07:15 AM   #29
locomech

I too feel your pain...A couple of years ago we were camping in Door County, Wisconsin in the spring. It was a cold rainy morning as we were hooking up to head home. In my haste to get out of the rain and get going I forgot to raise the tongue jack. As I pulled out of the camp site it felt as if the trailer brakes had locked up but what I found left me with a pit in my stomach. My new Husky tongue jack was bent beyond help. The campground owner lent me a sawzall to cut the bent shaft off so I could get it home 6 hrs away.
The tongue jack was a Christmas gift from my wife and only used once before this incident. I called customer service and explained that this was entirely my fault for being in a hurry and I expected to pay for any parts needed to repair it. The woman sympathized with me and said don't worry we'll take care of it. Husky sent me a brand new jack after I sent them pictures of proof that I destroyed the damaged one. After that I double check my entire rig before leaving, and the wife does a backup walk around to verify I didn't miss anything. The Husky jack is probably the best improvement I made on the four year old trailer and I'm grateful for Husky's customer service.

"Don't worry bout the mule... Just load the wagon"
locomech is offline   Reply With Quote