View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #12
kmgeer

2014 Cougar 24RKSWE TT

Our travel trailer is supposedly not a part of this recall, however in September of last year we were getting ready to take a trip when I noticed we lost the hub cover off our rear drivers side wheel. I'm no mechanic but the way the parts inside were laying in there did not look right. Fortunately an employee from our local dealership lives just a few houses down the street and our next door neighbor is quite the mechanic, they took the tire off and took the hub apart, let's just say it was not good. The bearing buddy had fallen off, the spring from the inside of the buddy was wrapped around the axel, could have been really bad had we hit the road with it like that. We bought the unit brand new in February of 2014, I contacted both the dealership and Keystone. Keystone told us it was a "standard maintenance issue" which I disputed, our dealer sent a mechanic to our home to repair the issue and check the other wheels, 2 of the other wheels were on their way to doing the exact same thing. Scary. Keeping our fingers crossed we do not have any other issues, everyone we talked to said they have hauled their trailers "thousands" of miles and have never experienced any issues with their bearings doing this.
kmgeer is offline   Reply With Quote