View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #29
drew999999

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
Drew, thanks for your input on the companion sliders quality! May I ask how many times or how often you’ve needed or used it in the rear maneuvering position??
So far I haven't needed to use it other than testing to make sure I knew how it worked if needed. When I was going through the decision making process as to whether to get the slider or not, I decided that saving money to go without the slider would cost more in the long run if I ended up needed to switch. I will admit that I was able to get my 5er cut pretty sharp before I got close to the cab, and probably could have gotten really close to a true 90 degree turn. But this was on a perfectly level parking lot. Once I got to looking at it and thinking what would happen if I were on unlevel ground, I definitely see how I could make contact very easily with a less tight turn. For me, the option to slide is worth the extra cost and weight. My FW is a 2019 Sprinter model, so it has a pretty well designed front cap with short beds in mind.
drew999999 is offline   Reply With Quote