View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:53 AM   #15
ptooti

Dog Monitoring App

1/2 off topic but ...We have dogs too and I understand your concerns we have the same and also worry about our dogs barking and annoying other campers we have found a solution that works for us we have 2 cell phones running the alfred app we leave one behind in the camper we can connect and see or hear if the AC is running also it will alert us if they are barking we can go on an tell them to be quiet and this work for us very well as they get freaked out hearing our voice and immediately lay down it gives us peace of mind for very little investment. We are not usually that far away from home that if there was distress we would make it back in time, your situation may be different but just wanted to share what works for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegs View Post
When we go camping...it's usually very hot and the campground power isn't always very reliable. Since we have a couple of dogs, it's always troubling to leave them in the camper with the AC running worrying if the power might trip. Granted we typically have non-floater people with us to check in on our dogs, but I sure hate to place that burden on them. So we decided to look into adding a auto start generator controller.

I did a little proof of concept video https://youtu.be/eSIEViJQHjA

My next steps are to get it installed in the camper, hopefully I'll have that follow up video in the coming weeks.

Current : 2018 Passport Elite 19RB
Past 2015 R-Pod 179
6,000 Equalizer WDH
2009 F150 Lariat 5.4l
ptooti is offline   Reply With Quote