View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #14
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 4 View Post
My two 30-gal tanks walked off while my trailer was sitting on a pad next to my driveway in a residential neighborhood. I cabled and locked the replacement tanks but then an RV tech explained an alternate theft prevention method. Flatten one of the two steel "wings" that are welded to the hold-down nut, then bend it back up at about the halfway point. Drill a hole through the flat part of that wing and a corresponding hole through the U-shaped steel bar with notches that secure the tank flanges. Crank everything down, line up the holes and install a padlock with a long shackle and lock 'em up tight.

I did this on mine and I believe others have as well. Don't have to flatten and bend anything. Just drill the hole in the flat portion of the wing and a corresponding hole through the U shaped notched bar. Slide a long shank padlock thru it and you're done. Beats the heck out of the chains and padlocks I was using. Just finished pulling one out to refill and replaced a few minutes ago - SO much easier.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote