View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:52 AM   #58
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Just so you know. My TK's looked excellent (from the outside) and no way could I see the interior of the tire while it was mounted on my trailer. Only after I took them off (I bought Carlisle RH) did I see the time bomb waiting to explode. Here, take a look for yourself at what those "tires that show no signs of wear issues" might look like on the inside, where you can't see it until you really do get "lucky" by taking them off. If you're not so lucky, you may lose the side of your trailer when they happen to "let go".
I didn't have my phone on me when my TK's were replaced but they looked just like John's did. I changed mine out at year 4 but that's only because we didn't use it at all the year before, 2 neck surgeries that year. Just as John's pictures illustrate the tires looked perfect on the outside. The inside looked like a sack of baseballs. Thank God I got rid of them when I did. I still get cold chills thinking that we were riding around on those. No more playing Russian Roulette with trailer tires.
Think of it this way, would you knowingly ride around with hand grenades in your tires? Now you know. What you do with the information is your business.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote