View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #52
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOJERRY View Post
Maybe I'm lucky or maybe I'm pushing my luck, but when every camping season ends I tell myself I'll get rid of my Trailer Kings and put on Endurances at the start of the next season. The Trailer Kings now have 13,700 miles on the and show no signs of wear issues. I just make sure I'm not overloaded and drive at the speed limits with a 65 maximum.
The travel trailer is a 2016 Outback 326RL.
Good for you! Based on all available experience you ARE pushing your luck. But, many like to do that. And, we can always "wait" until next season to save a few hundred bucks....right? And those Trailer Kings...good for 15-20k right? Because "we" are special? Right? That's what I would do!!…..Except I had one destruct at 62mph and running 65psi (max) and 1 1/2 years old with approx. 4500 miles on them. 7k in damages with cut LP lines, underbelly, wheel well etc.

I've ran new Carlisle ST tires for 2-3 years....good tires. No problems, no issues...and more importantly, no worries as I'm driving down the road worrying about a catastrophic event. Anyone running a Trailer King (China Bomb) down the highway thinking they have the "answer" because they observe 65 mph and the max inflation pressure is just waiting for the
"catastrophic event".....knowingly.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote