Thread: The KOA Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #14
Jim W

We just got back from a trip out west to Rocky Mountain National Park and Yellowstone National Park. We stayed at several KOA's on the way out and back.
1. Des Moines West KOA (Adel IA), 3.5 good level site all gravel roads and site. FHU, 50amp sites, pull thru, $37.95 with KOA discount. Easy on and off from I80, but far enough away not to hear highway noise.

2. Hardin MT KOA, 4.5 Great owners, will help you set up if needed and will show you were to park. Park is old, number 4 KOA park but will maintained. FHU, 50amp sites, pull Thur, $38.04 with KOA discount.

3. Bismarck ND KOA, 4.5 Good sites, some seasonal campers but in a different area. Sites have a grass area and trees/bushes blocking other sites views. FHU, 50amp sites, pull Thur, $44.10 with KOA discount.

4. Oakdale WI KOA, 3.5 Great owner he cleans and sanitize the water spigot before you hook-up to the fresh water supply. Level long site, easy on and off from I90/94, but not far enough away to hear highway noise. Our site was less than 1/4 mile from I90/94. Durning the night it is bright enough to read a book outside from street lights and from lighted highway signs. FHU, 50amp sites, pull thru, $37.89 with KOA discount.

Jim W.