View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
A trend we've been seeing lately is the use of yards and yards of rope lights. People in campgrounds around Lake Texoma on the Texas/Oklahoma border have started hanging these lights on all the trees, the picnic table, their trailer awnings, clotheslines, lantern poles, etc. They are using all colors. In areas with widely spaced sites, you can still read the newspaper using only their light pollution. They leave these lights on around the clock... which may explain why site costs are rising for the rest of us!

Also, we had a monster sized motor home playing irritating music - and very loud - into the night. I knocked on their door but no one answered. I finally decided they didn't know their outside speakers were on and were sound asleep. I left a note on their door the next day and had no further trouble.
We keep our lights to a minimum. It's just enough to light up under the awning which is 20ft and doesn't light up the neighboring sites. As for the music, we were in a state park just this last summer and there was a group camping in tents about 5 or 6 sites down from us and they had a booming car stereo that we could hear plain as day while sitting in our trailer with the A/C on and the TV going. The park rangers came around and asked them to turn it down once and then a few hours of drinking it went right back up and the park rangers came back and made them pack up and leave. I wish more of the parks and campgrounds would inforce their rules.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote