View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #51
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Every time I go scout out trailers that are more expensive than what I have, they are larger, heavier, come with bathtubs, TVs in every closet, and a lot of crap that I just don't need or want. For the increase in price, they add a lot of features, but I don't see them adding quality. What I really would like to see is a higher price point for the RV range that I'm interested in, that came with more quality in the build. Maybe I was wrong to mention Land Rovers. Maybe I should've mentioned jeeps -- as in 1950s era jeeps -- stuff built to keep running.
That's typical when you stay within a brand or brand competitor. It's just like looking at a Chevy or Ford, the bigger the car the more expensive, the more gadgets. To move to higher quality usually requires going to a more "upscale" brand. And Jeep had their issues as well after then Chrysler Corp. bought them.

To me the RV shows are only useful in the convenience of having different brands and dealers in close proximity to compare notes. Personally I find them to be useless in making a final decision. Having a dozen people piled into an RV with every light on and hot as a greenhouse with kids jumping about and the cacophony of noise is not my idea of fun. Again, that's me, thank heavens everyone has their likes/dislikes and opinions or it would be a vaery boring world.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote