Thread: New guy from MI
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 06:00 AM   #13
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overspray View Post
Haha, thanks for the reply. I figured it would be close, especially with 37’s on the truck. 2wd will help as well as short bed but not that much. With the kids being so small we figure we will be local for the next two years (not that it makes it any better I suppose). New rig by then. How’s your 7.3 tow that camper? Every search I googled anything pertaining to F250 Super Duty 7.3 fifth wheel came up with your posts.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! This week I received my GooseBox, safety chains, and a 4” offset ball for my B&W turnover setup. Today I’m expecting my Furrion observation camera, and a new 7pin wiring harness for the bed. I’m scheduled to do my PDI on Monday at 3:30. I hope all goes well, as I inspected A LOT of it when I was at the dealer last time, but will be going over everything again.
Well....I love my 7.3 and it gets the job done. It's simple and reliable. If it's the only "modern" diesel you've had you'll be fine. My work truck is a 6.0 and I must say I love how peppy it is but, I hate the hassle. I wish the 7.3 had more giddy up but, it is 20 years old and was the start of the modern diesel technology. Yours is the last generation 7.3 and I know you've got quite a few more horses than I do. I also see you've got a 4:56 set up where I'm at 4:10, so I think that'll help but, don't expect to win any races. I'm in a tough spot, I found my truck 3 years ago and found nearly exactly what I was looking for. Then we found the trailer we were looking for exactly but, the two really don't match. I thought the GVWR and pin weight are fairly small for a trailer this size and I've got a one ton, no problem right? I'm on the fence about an upgrade. I thought about springs and bags for mine but that doesn't change the GVWR. Maybe I just keep this one and add to the line up. [emoji23] The first thing I did to my trailer was the Reese goose box also. I've not been real pleased with it so far. When it works right its all good and real smooth but, mine keeps losing air. I've done some reading up on it and found out some folks had air leaks at the relief valve so, that's on my list to do this week because we leave out on Friday for the Memorial day weekend. Let me know how the camera set up works for you. I've been thinking about doing that also. Happy trails. BTW, my GVWR is 9200. Loaded with the trailer I'm at 10,800 with a total of 18,xxx.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote