View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 07:04 PM   #15
apachewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flags View Post
I've got a 37 foot Keystone Sydney Outback 5th wheel. I bought this rig new in 2012 and it has never been wrecked and is parked under cover when not in use. Recently I noticed where the back panel was separating from the joint with the roof right in the middle of the rig. I contacted Keystone to see what to do and I was told to take it to an authorized Keystone repair facility to have it looked at. The nearest one to me was Southern RV in Tyler, TX., which is approximately a 75 mile round trip, so I took it there.

The service manager at Southern RV personally took a look at it and said the back wall was cut too short at the factory and that is what caused the separation. He also told me there was nothing I could have done to cause it. He took a bunch of photos of it and wrote up a ticket to Keystone to have it considered for repair at company cost since it was a manufacturing defect. Seems reasonable right?

Well, I heard from Keystone today and they are denying my request because the rig is out of warranty. It didn't matter to them that their own authorized repair facility said it was their fault, they basically told me to pack sand! I called Keystone and tried to talk to whoever makes that decision and I was told by the lady on the phone, who sounded about 15 years old, that those people only talk to dealers and don't talk to customers and there was nothing she could do about it!

So, it seems as though Keystone believes the shelf life of a $40K+ 5th wheel is 3 years! Now I'll have to go through my insurance company to try and fix a manufacturers defect because the company refuses to stand by their product! Frankly I expect better from a company like Keystone. I'm going to turn to the Good Sam Club and see if they can bring some pressure on Keystone to stand behind their products.
Try exploring the Magnuson - Moss warranty act, which is a Federal law. You can Google it.

Happy Camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote