View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:38 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

When we get back to TX in April we will unload all the food; cold, perishable, canned...everything. We also take out all our clothes, laptops, dehumidifier....well, lots of stuff. We leave cookware, dishes, silverware, bed linens (washed, folded and placed in airtight vacuum bags), leave the mattress saver on the bed and cover with the original bedspread that came with the unit, some tools, paper plates, paper towels, toilet tissue, brushes/combs/toothbrushes etc. (remove all soaps/toothpaste/other toiletry items) then put in storage facility.

2 weeks before departing (for long winter trip - about 4 days before shorter trips) we bring in the trailer and go through it with a thorough top to bottom inside cleaning (I do the exterior at the storage facility as well as air tires, battery mtce. etc. - puppy hates a compressor). Then we put in all the stuff we removed above and recheck the operation of everything. About 3 days before departure I turn on the fridge, get it cooled down and load directly from our fridge/freezers in the house into the RV.

In the periods of not using is when I do various spot checks, lube things, repaint if necessary, clean the battery/propane tank trays etc.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote