View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
jhomuth

We have a Passport 2910bh and tow with a 2015 Chevy express, 1 ton, 15 passenger van. It's my husband and I and 5 kids. We were towing with a 3/4 ton suburban which did great, but it was getting older and we made it my husband's daily driver.

I LOVE my van! It's also my daily driver. It seems like overkill but it works out so well. We removed the very back row of seats and keep them tucked away in the garage. But removing them gives us plenty of cargo space in the back...as we speak we have a 42 gallon waste tote, 4 inflatable kayaks (deflated), 7 lifejackets, 2 cases of water, and more back there. It leaves 3 rows of seats so there are only at most 2 kids in any row so they have space. There's plenty of room under the benches for the kids gear, backpacks, etc. It drives great and tows like a dream. I love having a front short end, it makes maneuvering with a long (33') trailer much easier.

My only complaint is manufacturers not making bench headrests standard in passenger vans. We installed our own headrests, although it involves hunting down appropriate headrests, removing the benches and welding in anchors for the headrest posts. Worth it for the safety though. You could hold off on that of your kids are still in car seats or high back boosters. Although I'm glad every seat does have a lap/shoulder belt. It also has latch and rear tether anchors for your car seats.

After long trips, we often remove all the benches to make it easier to vacuum out and clean all the windows.
jhomuth is offline   Reply With Quote