View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 04:29 PM   #15
Lic0rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
Yes, the Amazon shipping is free. But the age of the tire was my concern too. I doubt they'd take them back if I didn't like the date. But would DT take them back? I guess if I was there in person they might try to get some others, but if I had them sent to me then what? I'm going to call around this coming week and check out some things. There is a hole in the wall tire place I pass often about 30 minutes from me. They have really good reviews online and they are a Carlisle dealer. I also see Pep Boys is a dealer and I have them local, but I don't know their reputation anymore.
DT will absolutely work with you if you feel the tire is too old. I initially ordered 5 Maxxis M8008 from DT. Took them 2 days to come in. When I went in to have them mounted, I ask for them to check the date. The tires were 13 months old. I expected an attitude from the salesman, he was nothing but helpful. When he couldn't find newer M8008 close by, he suggested the Carlisle HD. He had them in the next morning. DT is excellent!
B&W Turnoverball + B&W Companion Hitch
1998 Key West 1720
Lic0rice is offline   Reply With Quote