View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #26
Steveo57

Been dealing with a few new issues in the past few days. The AC was making an annoying rythmic sound. After a couple of dozen trips up and down on the roof ladder I isolated it to the fan motor vibrating. A small piece of foam in the right location has solved the problem for now.

The other issue was hearing the little pitter patter of something running around in the ceiling. Probably a little chipmunk as they are everywhere here. The only place I could see that could possibly be an access to the ceiling is under the front of the trailer. It appears that they can get into the front and crawl up under the cap and get to the ceiling. Some insulation stuffed into the voids and then some expanding foam spray sealed it all up.

I spent the afternoon crawling around underneath and sealing up every little nook and cranny, every hole, crack, and slit in the underbelly. Went through two cans of spray foam. I'm pretty confident that nothing can get in now unless they chew a hole in something!

Otherwise I am really enjoying the trailer. Love the kitchen layout and the shower is nice. Everything else is working fine. I'm living in the trailer full time this summer as a volunteer in a Maine State Park Campground. We have water and electric but no sewer so I have a macerator pump and a tote that I can use to empty the tanks when needed.