View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #18
KHBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgtow View Post
Hi,
Currently considering trading or selling my Keystone Laredo 240MK trailer for a fifth wheel "upgrade" in order to obtain additional seating space inside. I would like to keep the fifth wheel 30' or shorter.
Will the Cougar half ton 25RES be a good choice for weight?
I have a stock Ram 2500 (2015) Short bed with Diesel Cummins. Pulls the current trailer like a dream. And, likely no problem whatsoever pulling the fifth wheel (towing capacity listed at 17,000+ lbs.) however the Payload available is approx. 2,200 lbs. I do not have the hitch yet nor is the Ram prepped for a fifth wheel hitch.
2018 - 25RES states:
Hitch Weight = 1,610 lbs.
Shipping Weight = 7540
Carry Weight = 2460

Thoughts from those experienced members.... on payload issues?
Also looking at the new Grand Design model 230RL as another alternative, which starts at 1,200 lbs pin weight.

Thanks, Rob
I have a similar 5th wheel about the same weight pulling with my 2500 5.7 hemi. I have air bags but honestly don’t need them. Of course your truck will have no problem pulling it or stopping it but technically you will be over payload. I was over about 600lbs fully loaded last trip with family, dog etc, but well under the combined weight rating and axle ratings. You’ll be fine
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote