View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #41
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
The tires have me paranoid, living in Alaska with long distances between places and services. We travel "heavy", loaded fresh water tanks etc. to go a week to 10 days at a time
Jim, Wally World does not sell tires up here and Sams Club closed last year not sure if Costco even has a trailer tire selection, they are finicky about putting tires on regular vehicles any ways. Tires are expensive up here even in the metropolis of Los Anchorage $700 to replace the TK bombs with the GY Endurance. I might be able to get a little better price shopping around but I went straight to the distributor for the Goodyears.
As for the wet bolt kit, I cringe at the noises the trailer makes when I pull in to the cul-de-sac and have to turn around at the end. In addition to the wet bolt kit I have the crossmembers on the list too. Wet bolt kit and three crossmembers are a little over $400 from Amazon. and I will be able to install.
The roads are not the greatest up here with the frost heaves and constant summer construction. just thinking this will help preserve the trailer.
Other things included on the list are the Furion rear observation system $550, and replacing the factory steps with the Mor- Ryde step above system. Basically all safety and security up grades. If these ad monetary value to the trailer when it comes time to trade/ upgrade fine., but more importantly they will give me piece of mind.
So in closing about $1700 in upgrades not including the steps, I have not priced those out yet

How "heavy" are you? A 15% Reserve Load, based on actual individual tire scale readings, can go a long way toward getting reasonable tire life.